KU Idea Hunt 2016
KU Idea Hunt is a program that is organized for the students of Kathmandu University to indentify innovative business ideas that has the potential to be launched as a Start Up business. This program is organized with the intention to promote innovative thinking and entrepreneurship among the students.
Stage 1 (April 14th, 2016):
Announcement notice for submission of innovative business ideas: Clear guidelines for idea submission shall be provided along with the last date for submission.
· Last date for business idea submission is May 5th, 2016
· Any interested teams or individual candidates from Kathmandu University and affiliate colleges (i.e. NCM, LACM, etc) can submit their idea
· Maximum 20 ideas shall be selected for next stage.
· Idea selection committee shall consist five members : two experts from industry and three from University
· Students will have to come up with innovative ideas to solve social or business related problems. The ideas can be from any sector/industry.
Stage 2 (May 8th, 2016):
Evaluation Stage: Out of all the submitted ideas 20 ideas will be shortlisted selected and provided with the workshop for idea pitching.
· Result shall be published on May 8th, 2016
· One day workshop on Idea Pitching on May 12th, 2016
Stage 3(May 20th, 2016):
Idea Pitching, Evaluation and Award distribution: This is the final stage of KUSOM Idea Hunt 2016.
· An event shall be conducted
· Shortlisted teams will pitch their business ideas
· Business leaders, entrepreneurs, academicians will be invited
· A team of evaluators shall be assigned for final evaluation
· Award shall be provided to the top 5 best ideas. Certificate for all the shortlisted ideas
This is the end of KUSOM Idea Hunt 2016.
Top 5 ideas will be incubated in KUSOM Idea Studio to help launch their Start Ups. Regular Start Up consultations & mentoring during the business incubation period for 1 year will be provided to the teams. A seed fund of NRS 20,000 will be provided to the top 5 team to launch their venture.